Last year we launched the Building Wakanda Open IoT community, where we have a consolidated community of experts and IoT enthusiasts. The platform is facilitating conversations relevant to the growth of the African IoT ecosystem, building awareness about the work being done by various stakeholders, and fostering knowledge sharing and collaboration towards common goals. Read more on it here.
Physical labs will also be created across the continent to enable collaborators to build and test their ideas and solutions. The first of these labs will be located at the iHUB.
In light of this, we are calling on IoT enthusiasts to apply for the Building Wakanda volunteer programme. This is a part-time opportunity to support the operations of the IoT lab and gain access to equipment, networks, and information.
The benefits that volunteers will receive are:
- An opportunity to interact with stakeholders across the continent and grow your network.
- An opportunity to play a key role in the development of the IoT sector on the continent.
- A recognition on CcHUB and iHub platforms at the end of their volunteer period.
- A certificate of volunteering.
- A reference letter acknowledging the work that has been done during the volunteer period.